Monday, November 5, 2012

What I learned today...MONDAY

Dear Internet,

Blah blah blaH! :P Just thought I'd drop back in for a bit to share a few things that I learned in my kitchen tonight!

1.) Cats jumping on the counter top when onion/shallot and garlic is present is a scary/exhausting time! :( I find it is easier to just lock Mr. Marco the Mischievous in the bedroom until the dishes are washed up, but he doesn't always agree with this technique. He has recently taken to slamming himself against the door in an effort to free himself from "timeout". I don't know which is worse kitten torture :(

2.) We have finally found a recipe in America's Test Kitchen: Cooking for Two that we do not like! *GASP* Just in case you were wondering, it is Baked Cod w/Cherry Tomatoes & Artichokes

3.) I do not like baked cod (see #2). I guess my preferred method of eating fish is either crispy/breaded or from a can (i.e. tuna) Also, handling raw fish makes me want to switch to a vegetarian diet...bleargh!

4.) I do not like Kalamata olives. I have never really been a huge fan of olives, but I thought that I'd try them out again just to make sure. Definitely not a fan!

5.) Microwave green beans straight from the bag!? What was I thinking!? *slaps self on forehead* I'll just stick with warmed up frozen green beans that squeak when chewed thank-you-very-much!

My fingers are splitting apart from washing dishes too many times tonight, but I am looking forward to the Italian Green Bean & Gnocchi Salad that I've prepped for dinner tomorrow :) [Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens: Plaid Cookbook]

I've tossed together some cooked green beans, gnocchi from a package (I'm so lazy...), halved cherry tomatoes, cubed soprassata salami and Parmesan cheese. I mixed up a dressing from red wine vinegar, olive oil, Dijon-style mustard, salt, pepper, garlic, and slivered fresh basil. That whole lovely mess is chillin' out in the fridge over-night, developing all kinds of wonderful flavor I'm sure, until we mix in some spinach and freshly cracked pepper tomorrow evening. EXCITEMENT!

That's all for now...I'm too sleepy to even knit/crochet, so I'm off to bed!

Hugs n' Kisses

-M-

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! One of my favorite foods ever is Market Day seasoned salmon, grilled on the charcoal grill. On another note, can't wait to see the l'il devil that is Marco. :)

    ReplyDelete