Previous batch of sugar cookies: hearts/boobs (depending on which way you hold 'em) :P
Current batch: Caterpillars and Butterflies for a friend's Very Hungry Caterpillar Birthday Party!!! :D She is going super-crafty-awesome with the decorations (she gave me a sneak peak while I was over decorating the smash cake) and I want to steal all of her ideas for when baby girl turns ANY age! :) I'll include the recipe below for the cookies and royal icing, but keep in mind that this makes a metric sh$t ton of cookies!
Sugar Cookie Dough (adapted slightly from SweetSugarBelle)
2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temp
3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
2 large eggs
4 tsp. flavored extract of choice*
5 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. salt
*I normally stick to vanilla extract (pure please, no imitation), but almond has been delicious in the past if you know there are no nut allergies present, or a mix of whatever strikes your fancy!
Sugar Cookie Icing (borrowed from a friend's cookbook stash)
4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
3 Tbl. meringue powder*
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup warm water
food coloring
*I've got a can of Wilton meringue powder from ages and ages ago when I thought I was going to bake/decorate cakes for a living (short-lived fantasy). I bought it at either Joann Fabrics or Michaels in the baked goods decorating section and have kept it sealed in a plastic baggie ever since. I'm still working my way through it a few years later...although if I keep up this sugar cookie pace, I might be needing more soon ;)
Happy Baking! :D -M-

Hi! Just bopping around on the interwebs while waiting for an iTunes update, and I thought about your blog. Happy to read this post and the one in Sept. Maybe you could let your Facebook fans know when you update your blog, so we can all see it and enjoy! Did you sell the caterpillar cookies? Any photos? Love you! Mama D
ReplyDelete