Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What They Never Tell You...

Ooops, did I say that I would update this tomorrow!? What I really meant was "I will be back to blogging the next time I get tired of washing my dishes!" Good thing that doesn't take too long for me...I really hate cleaning up after myself :P

But back to my original point! SUGAR COOKIES ARE LABOR INTENSIVE!!! I don't know why I never clued in to this little tid-bit before when I realized that sugar cookies tend to only crop up around Christmas time (maybe that is just me!?) but either way I am thoroughly exhausted after frosting only 36 little Springtime cookie sandwiches!

While I wait for the frosting to harden enough to handle them for some photos, I thought that I would share just a few sewing projects that I have been working on recently/planning to start up soon:

FROM THE INTERNATIONAL QUILT SHOW (April 8-10, Cincinnati OH)


This is a log cabin quilting block (for those of you not in the know :P) I picked up 3 kits that each contain coordinating fabric strips cut to the proper length and width (Kit pictured below). All I had to do was sew from the center block outwards, remembering to iron the seams and trim the sides after each strip was added. Once all of the pieces were sewn together, I squared up all of the outer edges and set them aside while I work on the rest of the blocks.
 

Each of the kits make 12 log cabin blocks that measure 9 inches on each side. So when I am all done, I should have 36 blocks to play around with and the makings of a lovely...something! :P

The following are just snapshots of projects that I was inspired to pick up at the quilt show and two other quilting shops that we stopped at on the way back home.


Purse Pattern and cute fabric bundle


Another Quilty-type object in beautiful blues and grays (or greys!)

 
Another purse pattern and fabric (like I really needed more at this point...*rolls eyes dramatically*)


And yet another quilt, this time in green/black with a typed-like print. I also bought a tote bag made with some of the same material and I use it like EVERYDAY!!!


Some random small things that I just couldn't live without, including:
  • a panel of sugary sweets for each day of the week (totally me, right!?)
  • an alphabet fabric book. I was originally planning to make this for a girlfriend who is a new mommy...but I don't think that I want to share anymore :P
  • and a place-mat kit that we won for free at a door-prize type drawing. I think it will eventually look like a pear...but I may just use the fabric in something else and save the pattern for another day *shrug*
I also picked up some other patterns for a purse with grommets, an applique flamingo (also free from the door-prize), appliqued baby bibs and a GIANT "work in progress" tote/carry-all. I would have taken photos, but at this point I realized that I will probably be all set to stay locked up in my house and busy for the next 3 years!!!

You'll probably see some of these again (hopefully when I get around to working on them...) but for now I will leave you with those sugar cookie sandwiches I mentioned earlier and a promise to update you on some of my knitting/crocheting exploits sometime in the near future!


Thanks for listening! -M-

1 comment: