Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Do Not Read Cookbooks Before Bedtime!!!

I was having a pity-party today because I haven't made very much head-way on either of my crocheting projects lately and my mother's day gift ideas are starting to push up on this year's deadline. In the meantime, my baking wishlist continues to grow to monumental proportions and I am having trouble deciding what I should bake first... SO! I thought that it might be a good idea to just chill out on the couch and look through some of the cookbooks that I received for Christmas this year (Thanks Grandpa!!! :D)

THIS WAS A VERY VERY BAD IDEA!!! :P

With complete disregard for my 5:30am alarm for work, I started shredding carrots around 10pm and the two loaves of CHOCOLATE CHIP CARROT BREAD are currently baking in the oven! (This was not one of the original baking items on the above mentioned wishlist...) Who needs sleep when I can make YET ANOTHER mess in my kitchen, right!?

Photo evidence will not be available until tomorrow morning, but here is the recipe if you are interested...I hope it tastes delicious :D


CHOCOLATE CHIP CARROT BREAD
(from The Market Fresh CookBook by Taste of Home)

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
3 eggs
3/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups grated carrots
1 cup chocolate chips (I used mini's :D)
  1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients
  2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, orange juice, oil and vanilla
  3. stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened
  4. fold in the carrots and chocolate chips
  5. transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pans
  6. bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean
  7. cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks

1 comment: