can you find the sea-anemone cupcakes!?
same cupcakes just from a different angle
this one spells K-N-I-T because I was heading out to the "Knittany Sweatshop" that evening (my weekly girls-night-knit)
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
(from Wilton Recipes)
1/3 cup shortening
1/3 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 lb. powdered/confectioners sugar
4-6 Tablespoons milk
- Cream the shortening and butter together
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla
- Mix in powdered sugar one cup at a time (when complete the frosting will appear dry)
- Add milk one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency
Somehow, I managed to have some icing left over after all of this decorating! (Store in an airtight container in the fridge)
*FAST FORWARD ONE WEEK*
I was going to bake a cake from scratch for my boyfriend in an attempt to say I-am-sorry-for-being-so-rude-to-you-so-early-in-the-morning...but I only had 2 eggs left in the house! GAH!!! I scoured all of my recipes and landed on this one from my Better Homes and Gardens Plaid Cookbook.
OATMEAL CAKE
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup boiling water
1 cup old-fashioned or rolled oats*
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
*NOTE* I do not believe that instant oatmeal can be substituted in this recipe, but I may be wrong...
- Remove eggs and butter from the fridge and allow to reach room temperature (approx. 30 minutes)
- Pour the boiling water over the oats in a bowl that can stand the heat :P
- Stir well and let stand for approx. 20 minutes
- WHILE YOU WAIT:
- Cream the butter and sugars together until well combined
- Add the eggs and vanilla
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg
- Alternately add the flour and oatmeal mixtures to the creamed mixture
- Pour batter into a greased bundt pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center
- Cool cake in pan for 20 minutes
- Remove to a cooling rack for at least one hour more (glutton for punishment!? :P)
- ENJOY!!! :D
Woah buddy! This cake is YUM YUM YUMMER YUM-YUMMY!! One slice of this at the end of the day with a heaping spoonful of that Peanut Butter Frosting and I completely forgot about that mountain of chores waiting to be tackled!
More recently (i.e. today) I made some Molasses & Ginger Cookies...but I'm sleepy, so that fairy tale adventure will have to wait until tomorrow :P (or the next time that I remember that I am trying to keep an updated blog...)
Sweet Dreams and Goodnight!
-M-
No comments:
Post a Comment