Sunday, May 15, 2011

It is finally finished!!!


The girls from knitting and I got together to make this little baby blanket for a friend who recently had an adorable little girl (6lbs.6oz. full head of hair...etc, etc.). After several weeks of procrastination I HAVE FINALLY FINISHED IT! :D It was originally going to have a crochet border, but after I started adding the backing, I decided that it needed a more quilted finished look.


To celebrate its very near completion (or rather to take a small break in between sewing sessions) I made these cookies inspired by some cookies one of the knitting girls had made up the week previous. In other words, she made delicious cookies and *forgot* to let me steal the recipe. So I looked up something similar online and whipped up a batch...

ORANGE-ALMOND-CARROT COOKIES (from Living on 4th Street)


Cookies:
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1 c. unsalted butter
1 egg
1 tsp. almond extract
1 c. grated carrots
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

Glaze/Icing:
1/8 c. orange juice
1 tsp. butter
powdered sugar

  • cream the sugar and butter
  • add egg and almond extract
  • mix in grated carrot
  • combine remaining ingredients in separate bowl and add to mixture
  • drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
  • bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12 minutes
  • cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack
  • combine icing ingredients and pour over cooled cookies
  • Enjoy with friends :D
I have this overwhelming craving now for some peanut butter cookies with miniature chocolate chips in them...but I may stir up a batch of orange-ginger scones instead for brunch *shrug* Whatever I decide, I'll let you know in my next post! :D

-M- 

1 comment: