Friday, May 20, 2011

Peanut Butter Overload (is it even possible!?)

So, I mentioned in a previous post that I was going to make either peanut butter-chocolate chip cookies or orange-ginger scones...which one do you think won out!? :P

PEANUT BUTTER-CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES 
(adapted from a recipe for Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies, recipe origin unknown)


1 cup unsalted butter
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups miniature chocolate chips (YUM!)

  • combine butter, peanut butter & sugars; blend until creamy
  • add eggs and vanilla
  • mix flour, salt and soda in a separate bowl; add to creamed mixture
  • add chocolate chips
  • drop scoops of dough into a bowl of granulated sugar
  • coat cookie dough balls and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper
  • bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until the tops are crackly
  • cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack
  • ENJOY! :D
    What was really awesome was that after 4 dozen cookies I still had some dough left-over! Rather than pig out and make myself feel sick, OR refrigerate the dough to pig out and feel sick at a later date/time, I smooshed the dough into the bottom of a pie pan and baked it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes! The oven was already preheated and it turned out just like a giant cookie! :D

    After it had cooled completely, I combined 4 cups of softened vanilla ice cream with 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter and spread that over my cookie-crust. Top that with some salted peanuts and... VOILA!!!

    PEANUT BUTTER ICE CREAM PIE
    (based on recipe from All Recipes)


    And to complete a peanut butter trio I might like to whip up a batch of No-Bake Cookies soon, but I'd rather work through some of my yarn stash instead...and get out of the kitchen for a bit now that my dishes are FINALLY clean!!! :P

    -M-

    1 comment: