Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

I am not even going to try to explain why I haven't posted since May in such a long time...

Let's just say that I have been somewhat busy this summer with work and knitting and baking and cleaning and packing for my upcoming move (9 days left, EEK!!!) that I have completely neglected my blogging responsibilities...

In an effort to redeem myself I am going to start off with a super easy recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Cake that I recently whipped up for the gals at my knitting group (double yum!) Hope you enjoy!

CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE
(from The Market Fresh Cookbook by Taste of Home)

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 cups shredded zucchini
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

  • In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until uniform in color/texture
  • Add the eggs, vanilla, milk and oil and mix well
  • In a separate bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cloves
  • Carefully add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture (you don't want flour flying all over the kitchen do you!? :P)
  • Stir in the zucchini and spread into a greased 9x13-inch baking pan
  • Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips (optional)
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes (until toothpick near center comes out clean)
  • Cool on a wire rack and ENJOY!!! :D

Sorry about the lack of photo evidence...but my camera seems to be lost under a pile of junk somewheres in my apartment *SHRUG* I guess you'll just have to take my word for it that it looked (and tasted!) delicious! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment